Tuesday, December 17, 2019

For God So Loved

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
 
   All Christians seem to know this verse by heart. It is also a verse that is well recognized even by the non-Christian world. It is in fact the Gospel, in a nutshell!

   But upon closer analysis, it expresses the deepness of the love of God, and the extent to which He would go to prove his love!

   Remember when you were young and head over heels in love, perhaps for the very first time? I remember those days! My first Love was deep and drove me to expend every waking moment thinking of ways to win my loves, love in return!

   I’d tell her that; I love you “SO MUCH;” that “I’d climb the highest mountain, or swim the deepest ocean, or walk a million miles through a snowstorm,” to demonstrate to you how much I Love You.

   Well, John 3:6 very simply. equates something very similar about God’s love for you and me.
God is saying; “I love you “SO MUCH” that I am willing to demonstrate my love by takin an action. The action that God took, was to “give his only son” to die to pay the purchase the price of our sins to Save Us!

   So the next time you read John 3:16; stop on that line: “For God SO LOVED,” and think about how much he truly loves YOU, and the extent to which he has gone to prove it!

Darrell G. Young
Focus on Jerusalem Prophecy Ministry
Dec. 15, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment