Thursday, December 31, 2020

For The Love of God

For The Love of God

Recently I wrote a short simple article entitled, “It Pays to Love God.” It’s topic centered around the fact that God is working out all things; even the bad things in our life, for our good. That little article seemed to appeal to a lot of FOB readers, so I thought I would expand on its theme!

As I began to contemplate the Love of God; my first thoughts caused me to recall some all too common phrases that people now days use about Gods name. 

First was that insidious phrase, “oh my God.” I find it to be disgusting. I wonder if the people that say OMG even know God, and especially his love. 

Secondly, another disgusting phrase that people tend to spew out is the following phrase: “for the love of God.”

It is usually a reactionary statement that is intended to be an audible expression of anger and frustration with someone who has exhausted our patience. 

Both of these phrases are vain, idle expressions that lend themselves to cheapening the holiness of God, and therefore are an absolute mockery of the love of God!

The Love of God is powerful, unmeasurable, amazing, sure, marvelous, perfect, reliable, pure, holy and altogether becoming of the most holy loving God. 

Never should Gods name or his wondrous love be taken so lightly, and should never even be referenced in a diminishing form. 

Were it not “for the Love of God,” we mortal human beings would die in our sins and have no hope for a future life. 

Were it not “for the Love of God,” all human beings would be condemned to perish in a Devil’s Hell.

Were it not “for the Love of God,” his holy character and consuming nature of Love would be unrealized in any capacity among mankind. 

Were it not “for the Love of God,” only the thoughts and acts of evil would forever prevail in our world and within all of our hearts!

But “for the Love of God,” we mere terrestrial sinners could never imagine the “Things” that the “God of Love” is preparing for those that Love Him. 

I Corinthians 2:9 Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

As I study Gods word, his law, his nature and his plans for those that love him; I can’t help but try in my wildest imagination, ponder about what he is preparing for me. 

It is not so difficult to imagine our typical worldly type mansions, resorts, parks, cars, exotic trips, and an endless list of pleasurable delights. But anything I conjure up in my mind; cannot begin to compare with the things an almighty Creator God could provide.  

Were it not “for the Love of God,” such fantastic dreams of a perfect place, in a perfect body, with a perfect God of Love would be total fantasy!

No wonder, Gods word conveys that only a fool would conclude that there is no God! Only a fool would blindly reject his Love!

It is “For the Love of God,” that I take seriously his challenge to Love Him and his loving ways; and to serve him with all my heart and mind! 

Joshua 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

But for “the Love of God,” my Soul would have no consolation and no experience of his great Love!

Therefore, “For The Love of God,” and for the hope of the world, I counsel one and all to consider the following advice:

II Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

For The Love of God

by: Darrell G. Young

Focus on the Bible

December 31, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment