Saturday, October 9, 2021

An Appointment With God

An Appointment With God

An appointment is a scheduled arrangement to meet someone at a certain time at a certain place. 

Do you have any appointments today? We all daily live our lives scheduled around a myriad of appointments, don’t we?

We have set schedules for school, for work, for meetings, and a whole host of other appointments almost everyday throughout our busy lives.

I have always tried to keep all my scheduled appointments. I try hard to never be late or miss any of them. Sometimes though I do get behind. These days though, it seems that the hurrier I go, the more behind I get.

But there is a scheduled appointment that I have that I can’t miss, and I can’t even arrive late for it. It is an “appointment with God.”

You also have an appointment with God, although it may be set at a different time. 

Imagine it; an actual appointment with almighty God, the all powerful, all knowing creator of everything that exists! I actually have an appointment with him! Mind boggling, is it not?

I can’t arrange for an appointment with the President; but yet I have a scheduled, and standing appointment with God himself!

God has predetermined that everyone of us shall meet him someday. In the meantime, our life in this world is short and full of trouble. And when our earthly life comes to an end, we will each be individually set for an appointment with him.

Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 

Job 14:5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 

You may ask; what is this grandiose appointment with God all about? Why in the world does God require our presence at his appointment table?

Romans 14:10-12 “for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then everyone of us shall give account of himself to God.

Herein it is bluntly stated, by God himself, who vows with an oath, as the great giver and sustainer of life itself, that “all” shall stand before him, bend their knee and “confess” that Jesus Christ truly is the Lord of Gods beneficent salvation, and that if we have rejected this truth; we will be held personally accountable for all our sins! 

I don’t know about you; but when my time for this appointment with God comes about, I want to be absolutely certain that I can plead for Jesus to be my justified freedom from guilt; so I won’t be personally accountable to God for any discretions against him. 

This is why the Bible says that the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord! So, on my appointment day, although I will certainly be awestruck by meeting God; I can also rest assured that my Savior will insure that my appointment with God is a joyous occasion!

Focus on the Bible

author: Darrell G. Young

October 10,2021

No comments:

Post a Comment